Saturday, January 22, 2011

Weekly Gratitude

I came across this concept on another blog, www.lovelifelace.com, and I thought it was such a great idea. It's so easy to get caught up in our daily routines and too often focus on how busy we are, how tired we are, how stressed we are - that we let time pass us by without ever stopping and taking a minute to appreciate the good stuff we've got going on. So every weekend, between relaxing with my family, trying to catch up on sleep, and maybe getting some laundry done, I'm going to make time to stop and be grateful....

I am grateful for Will, who stays calm and level headed no matter how stressful the situation - a quality I am severely lacking, as demonstrated tonight when Nathan projectile vomited his dinner.

I am grateful for Nathan who can make me laugh, even while I'm cleaning him up after the aforementioned dinner incident.

I am grateful for Dunkin Donuts iced coffee which I crave daily, even when it's 14 degrees outside.

I am grateful for playdates, because they let me talk about all the annoying "Mom" things my friends without kids have no interest in.

I am grateful for online grocery shopping because without it, all 3 of us would go hungry.

I am grateful for takeout - which I am about to go order - good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment