Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year's Resolution

I have always tried to live a healthy lifestyle. I cooked healthy meals. I chose healthy snack options. I worked out regularly, at the gym 3 times a week up to my 8th month of pregnancy. And then Nathan was born and I became absurdly unhealthy. I found every excuse not to workout - I was tired, I didn't want to leave Nathan, I had errands to run. Taking care of a baby and working full-time left little time for grocery shopping and planning healthy dinners so we started ordering takeout and making whatever was quick and easy, which was usually not very healthy.

My New Year's resolution is to get healthy again. I feel gross when I eat gross. I feel healthy when I eat healthy. I feel bad about myself when I don't workout. I feel good about myself when I do workout. So in theory, it shouldn't be a hard resolution to stick to.

Sure it's only the 2nd day of the year but I'm off to a pretty good start so far. In addition to cooking salmon with carrots and zucchini for dinner, I went to the gym twice over the weekend and signed up for two sessions in the lap pool later this week. We went to brunch New Year's Day and I chose whole grain bread instead of white, grilled chicken instead of breaded and sweet potato fries instead of regular. It's important to me to teach Nathan healthy habits as well so I tried sharing my sweet potato fries with him but he was more interested in his new skill, waving!

He did pick up the check though so that was a nice bonus. Another nice bonus, my mimosa. Not necessarily healthy, but hey, it was a New Year's celebration after all!





No comments:

Post a Comment