Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Help a brother out

One of our daily struggles is getting Nathan to brush his teeth. I sometimes wonder which is more damaging:  letting him go without, or pinning him to the ground while he screams and I brush.

We needed a new plan. Nathan loves to do anything we do - brush his hair, put on his shoes, apply deodorant :) So when he sees us brush our teeth, naturally, he wants to brush his too. So every morning and and every night, either Will or I, get our own toothbrush and start brushing. The second we hand Nathan his brush, he starts brushing his. Of course, he tends to just suck off all the toothpaste and not focus so much on the brushing but my genius husband has come up with new approach that works like a charm. "You brush mine and I'll brush yours."

As long as we let him brush our teeth, he happily opens up and lets us brush away, assuring his pearly whites get nice and clean. This has made life so much easier and I can't help but laugh every time I walk in on my favorite two men brushing each other's teeth - gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours."

No comments:

Post a Comment