Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Healthy Habits

After years of health classes and nutrition lessons stressing the importance of balanced meals, I think my elementary school would be proud. Although Nathan started eating solid foods at 6 months, up until now the bulk of his nutrition still came from breast milk and/or formula. But now that he is entering his "toddler" stage, he is drinking less and eating more so I try to give him very healthy meals because I know how important it is for his growth and development. In addition, I think it's important to teach healthy eating habits at a young age, specifically that healthy food actually tastes food!

Yesterday's lunch included all 4 food groups.


Meat - Pepper cracked turkey
Dairy - American cheese
Grains - Rice cake
Fruit/vegetables - Carrots, corn and peas



If I can get Nathan to smile while he's eating veggies and then lick his fingers when he's done, I consider that a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment