Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sneak Attack

Usually at night, after feeding Nathan dinner, giving him a bath, getting him down for bed, putting away all his toys and cleaning up the mess from his dinner, I usually make myself a quick (and hopefully somewhat healthy) dinner, sometimes pour myself a glass of wine (it was a really long day!!) and then crash on the couch.

But for some reason the other night I had a sudden burst of energy and decided it was a good time to whip up some healthy, homemade meals for Nathan. Sadly he is entering the "picky eater" phase. My boy is now pushing aside the turkey and salmon he once loved and turning his head away from the peas and asparagus he once happily ate handful after handful of. So I'm trying to get creative and sneak in meat and veggies whenever I can. I decided to try out a new recipe I found online for Cheddar Broccoli "Nuggets". I cooked and pureed some broccoli, mixed it with some shredded cheddar cheese, bread crumbs, a beaten egg and some wheatgerm then rolled them into little patties.




They turned out more like biscuits than nuggets but I think that worked to my advantage since one trait Nathan definitely got from me is his love of carbs. These things definitely taste better than they look. I was expecting him to take one bite and toss them to floor but instead he ate 4 when he woke from his nap.





I'm glad these were a success. Next up is Zucchini Pancakes and Turkey Meatballs. Just please don't tell Nathan he's eating healthy food!

What did you say are in these??



No comments:

Post a Comment