Thursday, November 4, 2010

What's cookin?

Nathan's been eating solid foods for almost 2 months now. I hesitate to call it "solid" however since it's basically pureed to liquid form.

I feed him a combination of store bought food and homemade. This week I made a couple day's worth of two fall favorites.






Butternut Squash
This is so easy. I cut the squash in half, place it face down in a baking dish with about an inch of water and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Then I toss it in the food processor and freeze it in ice cube trays. When it's time to eat I just pop out 2 or 3 cubes and defrost on the stove.


Applesauce
Another easy one, plus it lets me use my fancy pants apple slicer/corer, the one and only item I've ever purchased at Williams Sonoma! I toss the sliced apples in a pan with a little water and let them simmer on low until soft. Lately I've been adding a dash of cinnamon after checking with my pediatrician that it would be ok. After pureeing in the food processor, I reuse my store bought jars (Go recycling!) and voila... I'm Diane Keaton from Baby Boom!



No comments:

Post a Comment