Thursday, October 27, 2011

I'm officially a Mom

Last night I stayed up past midnight working on a Halloween costume.

Torn between the ideal of making him a homemade costume and the reality of having no time whatsoever to do that, Nathan will be wearing a store bought costume with some homemade revisions. He already wore it today to a Halloween playdate we hosted, although he managed to rip it off within 5 minutes. Looks like I'll be up again tonight making some more "secure" alterations.

We're taking him downtown tomorrow where all the local businesses will hand out candy and again on Monday when our apartment complex hosts a Halloween parade. And who knows, maybe I'll have him wear it to family dinner on Sunday so all his aunts and uncles can see him dressed up too. He's not going to be very happy with me, I'm sure once he managed to get out of it today he thought he was done with it. Silly Nathan, don't you know Halloween is when parents torture their kids by stuffing them into adorable, but usually uncomfortable, costumes??

No comments:

Post a Comment