Monday, July 25, 2011

Marginal Way

After years of taking public transportation anywhere and everywhere, Will and I did something very surreal this weekend.... we bought a car. I haven't had a car since 2002 and it was a 1986 Honda Accord named Sammy. Before that was a 1979 Buick Regal, aka The Zipster. So having a car after all this time is exciting enough but getting a brand new car is even more exciting. This thing has working AC. A CD player!!! And the seats are not held together by duct tape!

We have yet to name the car, we'll have to get to know each other first and see what feels right. So in an effort to bond with our new wheels, we drove up to Maine on Sunday and took Nathan on his first walk down Marginal Way. My parents took us here many times when we were kids and I know there's a not so flattering photo of me and my siblings there floating around somewhere.


The awful humidity had finally broken so the weather was gorgeous.  I can think of no better summer combination than warm sunshine and a cool ocean breeze.



We walked about a mile from one end to the other, did a little poking around the adorable downtown, introduced Nathan to his very first ice cream cone (he's a big fan) and then walked a mile back to where we started. One thing Will and I really miss about living in New York is walking so it felt good to spend the afternoon on our feet. We all came home tired and tan, proof of a successful Sunday  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment