Friday, July 1, 2011

Getting adjusted

We've spent so many long weekends up here with my parents and it's always been a nice escape from the city for a few days. But at the end of our visits, I've always looked forward to returning to the fast pace and convenience of city life. We've been here for four days now and it's starting to sink in that this time we're not heading back to the city. But we're adjusting pretty well so far and we're quickly realizing the suburbs has its own conveniences to offer.

After nearly 10 years of only being able to buy as many groceries as I can carry with 2 hands, or more recently as many as I can hang on my stroller without tipping it over, I drove to Target this week and filled up an entire shopping cart. I LOVE Target so this was a very enjoyable experience for me. Point for the suburbs.


And then on the way home when I was craving a coffee, I went through the drive thru. The drive thru!!! I didn't have to hold the door open with one arm and awkwardly push the stroller in with the other, all while people walked right past me not offering to help. Another point for the suburbs!


But then last night at 11:30 I realized we didn't have any milk for Nathan in the morning. And in that moment we really missed having a 24 pharmacy across the street, and flipped a coin to see who had to go down to the car and drive to the store. Point for NYC. You win some, you lose some I guess.

1 comment:

  1. That's one of the things I miss most - having a grocery store right outside your door. It stinks having to drive everywhere but it is great being able to buy as much as you want at Target. :)

    ReplyDelete