Wednesday, December 22, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!






Christmas has always been my favorite holiday. I love going home and seeing the tree, decorated with all but each of our own personal ornaments that our parents always leave out for us to hang ourselves when we get home. I love going to our family party on Christmas Eve and seeing my aunts and uncles and cousins, that I don't get to see often enough. I love wrapping presents in the dining room of my parent's house, calling out to anyone I hear poking around nearby not to come in and try to get a peek. And of course, the best part is coming downstairs on Christmas morning and seeing the mountain of presents waiting to be torn open. But my brother, sisters and I outgrew the "magic" of the holiday a long time ago.

But this year will be different because it's Nathan's first Christmas. Santa will be making an appearance at our house after a very long absence. In addition to his bag of toys, Will and I agreed to each spend a certain amount of money on Nathan but keep our gifts a surprise from each other. So I will open the presents Will bought and he will open the ones I bought and Nathan will most likely just want to play with the torn wrapping and tissue paper, too young to understand what's going on.

I suddenly feel like a kid again, counting down to the excitement of Christmas morning. We've got 3 days to go....

No comments:

Post a Comment