Thursday, December 30, 2010

Goodnight Moon


(via)
I have been reading to Nathan since he was born. In the first few weeks, he mostly just slept as I read. Then in his first few months, he realized how delicious books are and it became more of a struggle, me trying to turn the pages, Nathan trying to eat them. But now he's old enough to sit and listen and he seems to really enjoy being read to.

Goodnight Moon has become one of our favorites. Will and I take turns reading it to him before bedtime each night. Even if he's fussy the whole time we change his diaper and put him into his pajamas, as soon as we sit down and open the book, he immediately calms down. He sits in our lap, following along, often pointing at the images or the words, and occasionally looking up at us and smiling. I am trying to cherish these moments as much as I can because I know not too far down the road, he will be reading it to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment