Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Moments

Life with 3 has kids has proven to be... interesting. The house is a mess. I'm not sleeping. And somebody's always crying!! I've started saying a little mantra to myself when it all gets too crazy. "It's just a moment". I say it to myself over and over and over. Until the moment passes. 

We've been having a lot of moments lately. Someone's having a temper tantrum? It's just a moment, it'll pass. Someone's crying? It's just a moment, it can't last forever. Whining? Moment. Hitting? Moment. Complaining? Moment. 

Today was more chaotic than usual because it was Walk to School day. Mornings are already crazy. There are breakfasts to make, lunches to pack, teeth to brush.  I try so hard to keep it together but when I've asked somebody to put their shoes on 3 times and nobody's moving, sometimes mama's got to yell!  We live too far to walk but the plan was to drive to school and meet up with friends at the car so we could "walk" to the school entrance together.  We had to leave earlier than usual and we were running late of course. 

We finally got out of the house and I rushed everyone into the car. We parked and then I rushed everybody out of the car. I was getting Morgan into her stroller when I noticed Nathan put something on my seat. I ignored it, there wasn't time now to see what it was. We were late and I was rushing the kids, as usual. 

We walked to school. Met up with everyone and took photos. Nathan walked into class on time, we had a successful dropoff. When we got back to the car, I got Morgan and Ryan into their seats and prepared for dropoff number two at Ryans school. I opened my door and saw the little piece of paper on my seat. I had totally forgotten about it. 

I opened it up and found a little love note from Nathan. My sweet Nathan who always puts a smile on my face. No matter how crazy life gets, he is constantly a source of happiness for me. And today he was a reminder to slow down and notice the little things. The good moments.  The moments that matter. 




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Your Nathan is my Sebastiano. Always worrying about me. His face and love reminds me always that "this too shall pass"

    ReplyDelete