Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Perspective

Since having kids I've learned an important lesson. There will be really great days and then there will be really challenging days. The challenging days suck... there's no other way to put it. The only thing I can control is how I react to them. I can either dwell on the negative or look for the positive. Today is a perfect example.

Glass half empty:
Ryan had me up ALL night, I'm talking hour and a half intervals. Needless to say I was exhausted at 6:30 but he decided this was a perfect time to get up for the day and practice his new skill: loud, bird-like screeching. Ten minutes after Nathan woke up, Ryan fell asleep for his morning nap. So while Ryan caught up on his sleep, I ran around and made Nathan's breakfast, got him dressed, packed up the diaper bag and took a shower.

Verdict : What a rough morning!

Glass half full:
I've been trying to break the habit of putting Ryan down for a nap in his swing. As much as I love that little 3 hour dream machine, he has to learn to sleep in a crib. So this morning I put him down for a nap in his bassinet and he napped... for two hours!!

Verdict: What a great morning!

I still would have loved a nap but it was nothing a cup of coffee and a morning out in the fresh air couldn't cure.

Focus on the positive... my parenting mantra :)




No comments:

Post a Comment