Friday, March 18, 2011

Weekly Gratitude

After reading about and watching videos of the devastation going on in Japan this week, it is hard not to feel grateful for everything and everyone in my life. It really puts things in perspective. Do I have problems? Yes.  But are they really that bad? No, they're not. I have so much to feel grateful for every single day. Today I am grateful for:
  • My neighborhood- it's a pretty cool feeling to live in a city of 8 million people yet sometimes feel like I'm in a small town when I walk down the street and have people call out my name to say hello, know my coffee order before I open my mouth, and ask how much longer until Nathan's first birthday.
  • Speaker phone - it's so much easier to wait on hold for 20 minutes when you can put the phone down and do something that requires 2 hands while you wait.
  • The internet - how else would I know how long to bake salmon for, where do I know that actor from, what subway stop is closest to my destination, and so many other questions I wonder each day.
  • Antibiotics - what did people do before antibiotics???
  • Thin crust pizza - not only is it an inexpensive meal, but the crust is so thin that you can eat twice as much without feeling guilty.... right??

No comments:

Post a Comment